Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bahamas Vacation

I received this vacation offer in the mail a few years ago. I would get a free Bahamas vacation with several days in Florida, if I agreed to sit through a 90 minute timeshare presentation. Well, at the time, I was desperate for a getaway and a free Bahamas vacation sounded very appealing to me. I accepted the offer, bought my airfare and began to look forward to my Bahamas vacation. I figured that I could easily sit through 90 minutes of a Bahamas vacation, say no, and be done with it. It would be worthwhile.

So, the time came for my free Bahamas vacation. I had been promised a luxury hotel, free transportation and tickets to some happenings. My husband and I were excited, but he was very skeptical. He kept reminding me that this would turn out to be something other than I was expecting but was looking forward to his time in the sun. I was praising myself for landing such an amazing Bahamas vacation offer. We were to take a day cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to the Bahamas and then would be greeted. I was expecting the cruise to be incredibly nice because that is what I had been told. Instead, I felt like I was on a tour boat with lots of others crowded into a small area. I was not very impressed. We spent the day with horrible entertainment and expensive food, fighting for a spot in the sun. My Bahamas vacation wasn't starting off too wonderfully. I didn't want my husband to know that I was starting to have doubts, so I played it off. He knows me better though.

Finally, we arrived at the port in the Bahamas. We found where we were to check in and were driven to our designated hotel. I couldn't wait to see what the hotel was like. However, my Bahamas vacation was still not going well. The hotel was far from luxury. It was nice, but not something I would have paid to stay at expecting a luxurious stay. I was very disappointed. However, I was determined to make the most of my Bahamas vacation and enjoy it. We did the normal touristy things and spent lots of time in the sun. I begged him to go on the dolphins excursion and he agreed. We actually got to swim with the dolphins - and it was wonderful. That was the best part of my Bahamas vacation. The day of the timeshare meeting arrived and we showed up for our 90 minute meeting. The speeches were very long and pushy and lasted for almost 3 hours. I almost felt as if they wouldn't let us leave until someone took the bait. After 3 agonizing hours, my husband had had enough. He stood up and said that we were leaving. My
Bahamas vacation was not exactly what I'd been hoping for. So, here's my advice - if someone calls you offering you a free Bahamas vacation, hang up the phone.